top of page

A brief history of Jolly’s Mill Pond

The pond’s dam was built sometime between the mid-1700s and 1867.

It was built by manual labor, most likely freemen. The earth for the dam was mined from a finger of land on the property. The site where the earth was mined is still visible today.

1855 - 1867 The Cabin was Built